i have always loved arts and crafts — making things on my own and collaborating with others is restorative, delightful, and inspiring. i study yoga, art, and art therapy and am curious about the ways in which we hold and manifest creativity and resilience throughout our lives. with the help of a few mentors, a bit of gumption, and a whole lotta desire, i make, create, and play.
i love textiles, felting (wet and needle-felting), painting, drawing, have played with screen-printing, and love tiny installations and mixed media creations.
my needle-felted creatures
* hand-made — hours goes into poking the needle into the wool again and again and watching it take form … becoming solid .. finding its own shape … so meditative and magical
* made from natural fibres of sheep, goat, alpaca. sometimes i include fabric, paper, and various natural materials
* unique, soft and sweet
* often custom-made and made-to-order
*not for children who still put things in their mouths but fun for all other ages
* are loved by kids, youth, and adults of all ages!
* would be a wonderful addition to your classroom, your kids, youth, or adult yoga class, counselling sessions or workshops .. anywhere that someone need a special companion!
needle-felting is magic! i take a tiny barbed needle and poke it into the wool (hundreds, thousands of times) until the shape forms.
i usually offer a sliding scale …sizes can vary but usually owls are $20-25; bears are $25-30; sheep are $15; rabbits are $20-30. other creatures are priced depending on size and time.
If you see something you would like or are interested in a custom order, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to chat about it.
browse through and see what might catch your heart and eye …these small, needle-felted creatures would love to become part of your life ..
Bears — come with their own little sign, walking stick, and cape!
Custom-order love bear
This amazing shop, in the Fairfield neighbourhood, is filled with all kinds of fibre delights. The owners, Steph and Ryan, make beautiful fibre pieces and they offer classes as well!